Ok so my one of my guilty pleasures is reading celebrity gossip magazines. I just love reading about the lives of the rich & famous and if they have horses it’s even better! Here are 10 celebrities you may not know can ride…
1) Madonna. When Madonna was living in the U.K whilst married to Guy Ritchie she took up horse riding. She actually took a nasty fall that made the papers at the time as she fell from a horse she was riding that she didn’t know and reportedly broke 8 bones!
Photo- Coleman Rayner
2) Jamie Foxx. He apparently rode his own horse when he starred in Django Unchained. He reported called Quentin Tarantino and asked for the part and said he can ride and has a horse they can use in the film & they did! The horse’s real name is Cheetah but in the film his name is Tony.
Photo credit – FEI
3) Lady Gaga. Lady Gaga was given a horse named Arabella by her record company one Christmas (alright for some eh, I’m yet to receive a horse from my employer). She didn’t know how to ride and it was reported she said she just “grabbed her by the mane and rode her bareback”. She later bought a stallion named Trigger to keep Arabella company and has since bought two miniature ponies. Oh how whimsical!
4) Bella Hadid. When Bella Hadid is not strutting her stuff on the catwalk she is horse riding. She has been riding since she could walk and her mother Yolanda is also a keen horsewoman. Bella has also said that that she rides as a form of stress relief and to relax away from her busy modelling career.
5) Kaley Cuoco. AKA Penny from the Big Bang Theory is an amateur show jumper. She has a whole yard of her own show jumpers and even has some miniature ponies too. Smooshy, her first miniature even has her own Instagram account @lifewithsmooshy! I really enjoy following Kaley’s Instagram account, she seems really nice and seems to be a true animal lover and let’s not forget she has lots of gorgeous horses and dogs and a yard to die for! #lifegoals #iwanttobeyourbestieplease.
6) Johnny Depp. He learnt to ride when he filmed Sleepy Hollow. He had to ride a one eyed horse that he ended up adopting as it was going to be put down after filming. He has since ridden in many other films including ‘Dead Man’, ‘The man who cried’ and ‘Lone Ranger’. In many of his films it is him actually riding and not a stunt man. He actually fell from a cantering horse whilst filming ‘Lone Ranger’ as his saddle slipped. Yikes!
7) Patrick Swayze. I think everyone has fond memories of the now deceased Patrick Swayze from Dirty Dancing. But I bet not many people know that he was a successful Arab horse breeder. Patrick and his wife were described as ‘ horse mad’ and even got their own pilots licences so they could fly back to show their horses more easily when they were away filming.
Photo credit – arabhorse.com
So there you have it. Did you know all these celebrities can ride? Are there any other surprising celeb riders you have heard of? Let me know in the comments if there are.
Copyright 2019 http://www.induehorse.com